- ❓ What is R-Ladies? A low-key get together for people interested in using and learning more about R, a powerful statistical software program. We meet about once a month to feature different topics and speakers.
- 🕛 When: Tuesday, September 25, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- 📍Where: London Public Library, Central Branch (251 Dundas, right downtown). We will be in the Training Room (formerly the Wellington Room) on the 2nd floor.
- 💰Cost: All our meet ups are free, and always will be!
- 👍Sounds good, where do I sign up? RSVP at our MeetUp page
Welcome back for another season of R-Ladies, London ON (#LdnOnt)! Our kickoff event this fall is an introductory crash course to R (i.e., using the R programming language) and RStudio (the integrated developing environment (IDE)/handy user interface for using R). All are welcome, be you a total newbie to R or even if you are a well-seasoned programmer looking to get a refresher on the basics.
We are extraordinarily excited to welcome back Cortney Hanna-Benson as our workshop leader. Cortney led our very first R-Ladies #LdnOnt workshop back in January 2017, and we have been looking forward to having her again ever since.
If you can, come with R and RStudio already installed, but if you have trouble or are unable to, don’t let that hold you back. The workshop will be a mix of presentation and hands-on exercises. You are welcome to follow along actively or passively.
- R download
- RStudio download
- DataCamp offers online courses to help you improve your R skills at your own pace. The intro course is completely free. While other courses generally require a subscription fee, guess what? active R-Ladies #LdnOnt attendees can be signed up for free! Ask us to sign you up at the upcoming session.
Do I need to be an R expert?
- No! While some familiarity helps, all levels are welcome! If you want to follow along, come with your laptop and have R and RStudio installed.
I already know R, what’s in it for me?
- Awesome! Come join a community of people interested in STEM research, meet new pals, learn new skills or sharpen old ones, or talk to us about leading a workshop on a topic you’re passionate about!
I don’t identify as a lady, but I still want to learn R - can I join?
- Yes! While we prioritize underrepresented genders in leadership positions (including but not limited to cis/trans women, trans men, non-binary, genderqueer, agender), our general membership is fully inclusive. Read more about the global initiative at https://rladies.org/about-us/.
I’m interested in leading a workshop in the future! How do I get in touch?
- Great! You don’t even need to be a full fledged “expert” to lead a workshop… this is a group for skill swapping. If you’re interested, send us an email at email@example.com.