Welcome to the new landing site of R-Ladies London, Ontario!
The R-Ladies London, Ontario chapter (aka R-Ladies #LdnOnt) has been in operation since January 2017. Check out this post to learn more about how we got started and where we are now. This site will serve as a central landing point for anyone wishing to know more about us or access our materials.
What is this R-Ladies you speak of?
R-Ladies is a world-wide organization to promote gender diversity in the R community. R is a powerful (and free!) software system for statistical analysis, data visualization and graphics, and a toooonnnnnn more. It has a huge beautiful and helpful community, but can be a bit tricky to learn on your own. That’s where R-Ladies comes in.
Our group hosts monthly-ish meet ups that feature workshops and tutorials on various topics related to R. Topics in the past have included learning to make plots, R for SPSS users, R in Industry, and a ton more. Check out our past meet ups here.
- Do I need to bean R expert? No! While some familiarity helps, all levels are welcome! If you want to follow along, come with your laptop and have R and RStudio installed.
- I already know R, what’s in it for me? Awesome! Come join a community of women interested in STEM research, meet new pals, learn new skills or sharpen old ones, or talk to us about leading a workshop on a topic you’re passionate about!
- I don’t identify as a lady, but I still want to learn R - can I join? Yes! While we prioritize female/non-binary leadership, our general membership is fully inclusive.
- I’m interested in leading a workshop! How to I get in touch? Great! You don’t even need to be a full fledged “expert” to lead a workshop… this is a group for skill swapping. If you’re interested, send us an email.
Come in, the room is a mess
Also known as: Where do I find your info and materials?
While we migrate things over and make things a bit more accessible, you can find us in various corners of the internet, namely:
- Meet Up: Where all our events are posted
- Twitter: Our main social media hub
- Facebook: Our secondary social media hub
Our materials are currently splayed across two locations:
- Google Drive
(January 2017 - November 2017)Update: now all materials available!
(December 2017 - present)Update: now all materials available!
Materials from the Google Drive will eventually be migrated over to the GitHub page, and that is where all future materials will be posted. Update: All materials are at both sites!
More to come! Enjoy!